Scallion Scramble Recipe Video
From Alina Marhefka
Serving Size: ¾ cup
Time: 20 minutes
· ½ block extra firm tofu
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 1 medium carrot
· 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
· 2 teaspoons less sodium soy sauce
· ¼ teaspoon turmeric or ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
· ½ teaspoon curry powder
· 5 stalks scallions
1. Wrap ½ block of tofu in paper towel, hold over a sink and gently squeeze to remove some of the liquid.
2. Crumble the squeezed tofu into a bowl with clean fingers.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat, place the oil and carrots to cook, until the carrots start to brown and soften, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Add the crumbled tofu and stir to combine. Cook until the tofu isn’t releasing any more liquid, or until it looks dry.
6. Add soy sauce, turmeric or mustard, and curry powder. Stir to combine.
7. Add scallions and stir to evenly combine.
8. Serve immediately.
Source: Adapted from https://www.chopchopfamily.org/recipe/tofu-scramble
Drexel University, Multicultural Cooking Club
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through the PA Department of Human Services (DHS). This institution is an equal opportunity provider.