Apple Ring Pancakes Recipe Video
From Alina Marhefka
Apple Ring Pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Yields: 16 servings
Time: 20 minutes
· 1 ½ cups complete pancake mix
· 1 cup water
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 2 apples, cored and sliced horizontally (or crosswise) into 1/8” rings
· Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a small bowl, combine pancake mix, water and oil. Mix gently until combined; do not over mix.
2. Lightly spray large frying pan with non-stick spray and place over medium heat.
3. Dip 4 apple rings into batter and fry for 3-5 minutes, or until bubbles appear around the edges. Lower the heat if the bottom of the pancakes get dark.
4. Flip the pancakes and cook 2 to 3 minutes more.5. Repeat until all apple rings are battered and cooked.
Source: Adapted from ‘The Share Food Program.’ The Share Food Program is a nonprofit organization serving a regional network of community organizations engaged in food distribution, education, and advocacy. Share promotes healthy living by providing affordable wholesome food to those willing to contribute through volunteerism.
This material was funded by USDA's Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) through the PA Department of Human Services (DHS). This institution is an equal opportunity provider.